Saturday, July 12, 2008

Remodel Customer Writes CCS a Poem!



The Remodel


They arrived promptly at nine a.m.
To demolish my kitchen so the work could begin
They cleaned up the mess and left it quite neat
They even put down the toilet seat.
Still it was a shock quite drastic,
To see a bare space draped with plastic.

The cabinet maker was less considerate
Though the delay was not deliberate.
The installers arrived. They were strong and young
And within one day the cabinets were hung.
Along the walls gleamed their rich cherry wood
Where there once was a pantry an island now stood.

Next came the countertop experts to measure,
Granite or quartz, which was my pleasure?
I chose carefree quartz in Borrealis Blue.
It might be ready in a week or two.
Eight days later they called to say
They could put it in the very next day.

Though they dropped a slab and had to get more
The very next week they appeared at my door.
The backsplash went in and later that day
My sink was installed with its faucet and spray.
The floors when down that same afternoon.
My kitchen would be functional soon.

My contractor called me on a Sunday
To ask if it would work for me on Monday
To have the remaining appliances hooked up
As they were becoming quite booked up.
I was delighted to move ahead
On this project which I had faced with dread.

My kitchen is finished. Long live the men
Who so diligenty to my needs did attend.

No comments: